Our Medical Dermatology practice consists of four Board Certified Dermatologists. A referral from a doctor is required to visit a dermatologist in Alberta. Our wait times vary during the year but generally range from 2 months to 6 months.
- Heated underground parking is available to our patients for $4 for 2 hours. There is street parking around the building with varied availability.
- Phones are answered Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4 pm. Phones will be off during the lunch break from 12pm to 1pm.
- The clinic is closed on all Alberta Statutory Holidays.
- Doctor’s hours of work vary.
- Our dermatologist’s goal is to keep on time with their appointments as your time is valuable! The physicians cannot foresee if a patient needs an immediate biopsy or extended time due to mobility issues or health concerns.
- Our appointment reminder system is done via phone call or text by an automated system. If you would like to be notified via text please inform our friendly staff.
Urgent Skin Cancer Clinic
Our Urgent Skin Cancer clinic will fast track you to visit a dermatologist with 15-20 business days. Your family doctor will need to mark your referral as Urgent Skin Cancer in order for it to be flagged. If your Family Doctor suspects your abnormal mole is potentially cancerous they can refer you to this clinic.
Our Urgent Skin Cancer Clinic is ONLY for suspected skin cancer. All other conditions will be booked through our regular system.
Our Wart Clinic operates as early as 12:00pm to 7:00 pm, every third week. A referral from your family doctor is required prior to booking into this clinic. This clinic is closed on all statutory holidays. Call 587-392-SKIN to book your appointments. Wart treatments are not considered to be a cosmetic treatment and are covered by Alberta Health Care.
Multidisciplinary Women’s Health Clinic
We are excited to announce Calgary’s first combined multi-disciplinary Vulvar Health Clinic at Beacon Dermatology. Our goal is to provide fast and comprehensive treatment for women suffering from vulvar conditions.
- Dr. Susan Poelman M.Sc., MD, FRCPC, FAAD – Dermatology
- Dr. Danya Traboulsi MD, FRCPC, FAAD – Dermatology
- Dr. Matthew Grossi B.Sc., MD, FRCSC – Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Susan Saretsky PT B.Sc., PT – Pelvic Floor Therapist
- Dr. Katrina Sawatsky MD CCFP FCFP NCMP – Family Physician
This clinic is for any condition involving the female genitalia, labia and vulva including but not limited to lichen sclerosis, lichen planus, atrophic vaginitis, vulvodynia, vulvar psoriasis, vulvar contact dermatitis, labial melanosis, genital warts, and condyloma
A referral from your family doctor is required.